Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Essential Oil Use #2...


My middlest baby boy, who is eleven, began complaining of a slightly sore throat and some chest congestion so, it was time to break out On Guard! This is an amazing blend of wild orange peel, clove bud, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus and rosemary. I added one drop to coconut oil for his throat and chest, again for his back, and once more on his feet. The feet are excellent areas of application for quick absorption into the body and it is also excellent for children in general, particularly if you are not comfortable putting oils on the rest of them.

We reapplied it in just the same manner before he went to school today and again tonight prior to bed. I also gave him a Breathe lozenge. So, this practice will continue until we manage to get him entirely well. I think it is super important to take a second and point out for anyone not familiar with essential oils that they are not a cure all. This oil blend will not magically make him better. What it will do is replace the harmful medicines that are toxic to his liver. I am also trying to teach my child that, while we have a healthy respect for doctors as well as over the counter and prescription drugs as NEEDED, personal responsibility is a big component. I am teaching my kids self care.

I also found a great recipe for On Guard Apples that I will have up in a future blog post! I am going to make those for all of us tomorrow. For now though, I am headed off to bed for a good nights sleep which will also bring up another use of essential oils in tomorrows post as well. Sweet dreams and Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment