Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Essential Oil Use #3


I used to really hate the smell of lavender oil. The odor set my teeth on edge and I absolutely avoided using lavender as a single note, the only exception being if a massage client asked me for it. I used a ton of lavender oil in blends and I would never have argued the exceptional usefulness of this oil. As a matter of fact, I would come close to arguing that lavender is the most useful of all of them just because of its versatility and gentleness.

When I was first introduced to doTerra,, I avoided Lavender in favor of other oils I had never tried and oils that I needed to replace as I ran out. I was quickly won over by the quality but never stopped to wonder if the difference in quality could affect my feelings about lavender essential oil. I was in for an extremely pleasant surprise! It is a sweeter, more delicate version of the oils I had become familiar with and I couldn't believe the difference. Lavender is still not my favorite but it is so much better than I would have thought. Again, it was a matter of me getting what I was paying for in oil quality.

This brings us to use #3,  something that I would never have done for myself prior to doTerra -  I apply lavender, neat, to the soles of my feet as well as around my face and neck before bedtime and have for a solid week now and my sleep is DEEP. I have woken up feeling far more rested, cheerful (I am not a morning person and I was waking up groggy ever single day.), and alert. I encourage you to give it a try! Don't just stop after one night either. Commit to doing it every night for three nights and you will see a difference in your quality of your sleep and how you feel when you wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment